Art 4 < $100 Sale - Application for Artists
Art 4<$100 – Saturday, June 8 at Thorntonfest
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Carpenter Park - Main Festival Area
11151 Colorado Blvd, Thornton, CO 80233
Application deadline: April 30, 5:00 p.m.
This entry form must be completed for consideration. This is a community art sale intended to support local, emerging artists.
Guidelines & Requirements for Participation (READ CAREFULLY)
This is a community art sale that is absolutely FREE for artists to participate.
These are requirements and guidelines that each artist must follow to participate.
- This form is required to be complete for consideration.
- This sale is designed to expose the community to affordable FINE ART and support local arts economy. Fine art and fine craft, such as one of a kind handmade jewelry, pottery/ceramics, handmade cards etc. will be entered in the jury process. If you are unsure if your work will qualify please contact Krystle Codrey before filling out this application.
- All applicants must at least 18 years old.
- Your sample images will be juried by a peer review group. Images of works are given a score of 1 or 2. Work must get a score of 1.5 or higher to qualify. In the event of a tie, the application that was received first will be chosen.
- These art sales are VERY LABOR INTENSIVE for city staff and volunteers. As a participating artist it is expected that you will help in the following ways: help advertise and promote the sale to your network, set up your booth, take down your booth and follow these guidelines and any instructions by staff day of the sale.
- Each artist is encouraged to bring someone to help them with their booth. STAFF OR VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WATCH YOUR BOOTH IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IT.
- Every artist will have the following in their booth area:
- 8 foot table
- 2 chairs
- All other display items, decorations, etc. will be provided by the artist.
- City of Thornton is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen artwork.
- Every artist is responsible for sales tax and will complete the tax form supplied in each booth setup. Forms must be returned to staff at the end of the sale, even if there are no sales or the artist will be submitting taxes online.
- THERE IS NO WIFI - any card sales can be done using your data plan (if applicable) - cash or check transactions are strongly recommended.
- All artwork must be priced at $100 or less.